Happy Mother’s Day from Debi and the rest of us at Shreveport Bossier Corporate Housing! Moms are superheroes all the time, but this year, it’s especially important to take time to send notes of encouragement or other tokens of appreciation for loved ones. In this post, we’ll discuss some ways you can show your Mom you care about her and all the work she does every day.
What should I give Mom for Mother’s Day in Shreveport?
Does your Mom live nearby in Shreveport LA or the surrounding area? Terrific! But what if your Mother lives far away or she’s quarantined and you can’t see her in person? Regardless, there are still plenty of ways you can love on her from a distance.
- Set up a virtual craft night for Mom to enjoy! Painting with a Twist is hosting “Twist at Home” classes for curbside pickup. Check out their calendar for more info or use your own supplies and follow along with some Bob Ross videos or using one of many craft tutorials on the Michaels website. For fun, you can also share your creations online with the R.W. Norton Art Gallery so others can enjoy!
- Send an e-card. Surprise your Mom by sending a fun e-card through her email account. There are lots of fun options to choose from, including ones from Hallmark and Blue Mountain.
- Have your children color a picture or make their Grandma some award ribbons (such as these from Darcy Miller) to show her she’s the best. Then pop them in the mail to surprise her. She’ll love it…guaranteed!
- Can’t take Mom out to dinner? No worries! Buy her an electronic gift card or send her one in the mail for your favorite restaurant. Then, next time you see her, you can go out to dinner together to celebrate. Check out CardShop318 for some local restaurants and beauty salons that you can buy gift cards from. Other options that are local as well as in other cities include La Madeleine and Carrabba’s Italian Grill.
- Send Mom some flowers next week using FTD Flowers or LaBloom Florist here in Shreveport.
Corporate housing solutions for families, business stays, travel nurses and more
There’s a lot to be thankful for this year. Sure, we’re all facing some challenges, but even blessings like family, a comfortable home and good health are worth celebrating. Shreveport Bossier Corporate Housing offers fully furnished short term and long term rentals for families to call home. Each condo comes complete with washer / dryer units, leather recliners, office printer, HDTV and a kitchen area with stove, fridge, pots & pans, Keurig machine and more. Corporate housing isn’t just for business travel, it’s also for military families, travel nurses, families and anyone seeking a comfortable, stress free place to live in Louisiana.