Medical Student Rotation Housing in Shreveport-Bossier, LA
It's important to have a medical student rotation housing plan in place before you start your clinical rotations. Medical school is a lot of hard work. Long nights of study, lots of caffeine and limited sleep all contribute to the intensity of your chosen profession. And, after all the schoolwork and tests during the first half of medical school, clinical rotations at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Hospital can be completely exhausting as well...mentally, physically and emotionally.
If you're a medical student and are looking for away rotation housing options in the Shreveport, LA or Bossier City, Louisiana area, you're in the right place. Or, if you are part of a VSAS (Visiting Student Learning Opportunities) program in the area, we can assist with your rental needs. Shreveport Bossier Corporate Housing caters to medical school students and wants your experience in our Southern city to be rewarding.
Medical student rotation housing benefits
- Our rental properties are fully furnished and feel like home. If you're trying to help improve your resume by doing one or more away rotations, you'll want to stay in a rental that minimizes the stress of being away from your "real" home. Our medical student rotation housing solutions allow you to stay in Shreveport / Bossier City for your month-long away rotation without the need for a lot of excess baggage. You can check out our list of amenities, because we want you to enjoy your time here as much as possible!
- Our housing solutions offer a great escape from hard work at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport or even nearby Willis-Knighton Medical Center. Here at Shreveport Bossier Corporate Housing, we encourage pets to stay in the rental properties with you. If you're seeking a pet-friendly rental, we can help. After a long day learning and caring for the sick at the hospital, you can come home to spend time with "man's best friend" and relax. Your dog or cat will appreciate the time with you versus staying with a friend / family member or at a kennel back in the city where you attend medical school and you’ll enjoy having your pet with you. If you end up staying in the Shreveport area, we offer long term rentals as well.
- Are you married with kids and attending Louisiana State University's Ochsner Medical School? No problem! Our rental properties are perfect for families. We have one, two or three bedroom housing solutions for medical students on an away rotation with a significant other and children. Our kitchens are perfectly suited for making home-cooked meals or just heating up leftovers after a busy day at the hospital. The large HDTV with cable hookup in our living areas will help to keep the kids occupied. You don't have to leave your family while you're away...bring them along with our medical student rotation housing solutions!
- Need to study while at home? We’ve got you covered here as well. Each rental comes furnished with a desk chair and printer so you can work from the comfort of home. Our rentals come equipped with an internet connection as well…you won’t have to hassle with paying an internet bill for a short term rental or going to the coffee shop to study.
- As a healthcare professional, cleanliness is probably pretty important to you. We care about keeping our properties tidy…each rental is inspected with a UV light as part of cleaning the unit for a new tenant.
Medical school student explanations
What are clinical rotations?
Clinical rotations usually occur during the last two years of medical school. The first two years involve extensive study in a school setting. Each rotation is designed to give med students a taste of what that area of medicine is like. The length of a rotation will vary depending on the med school, but could be around a month long.
Why are clinical rotations done in cities away from the medical school?
Some medical students choose to do away rotations in a city away from the medical school they are attending, such as in Shreveport-Bossier, LA. This option can be good for students interested in a field of medicine that’s better developed somewhere else and those wanting to boost their residency applications. Students need to make sure to discuss all possible options with doctors, peers and other medical professionals in the specialty area of medicine to get advice and feedback.
Is a medical school student a doctor?
No. A medical school student has not attained status as a doctor until after graduating from med school.
Visit our booking page to reserve your spot in one of our medical student rotation housing solutions!